- About Funerals
Arranging a Funeral
Planning a farewell that really speaks about the person now gone can make a daunting time easier.
In life, every goodbye is different and the same is true when arranging a funeral goodbye, whether that’s for a loved one or your own.
Celebrating what a loved one means to you and to others can help you remember what they have added to the world, not what they are taking away.
What do I need to know?
Because we specialise in creating funeral goodbyes that are a celebration of a life, we will listen to your needs, speak to you about your loved one and get to know them in your own words, as well as then offering you our suggestions about a funeral service as unique as they are.
This might include:
- A viewing – a beautiful and reflective time when private goodbyes can be said
- A personalised coffin – a one-off design tailored to your selections
- A theme – honour your loved one by wearing their favourite colour or something else reminiscent of their interests
- A personal eulogy – delivered at a funeral or a memorial service, this is words from your heart that you share with others
- A media presentation – photos, music and videos of your loved one that you wish to share with guests
- An after-funeral function – a time to catch up with others who also cherished your loved one, and
- An online memorial with HeavenAddress – a place where photos, memories and tributes can be shared now and in the future.
We can also help you arrange a prepaid funeral that is as different as you are.
What do I need to have ready?
Arranging a funeral also involves some official steps but organising a funeral should be much more than these procedures. So that we can achieve the official matters as easily as possible, things we are likely to need are:
- The full name, address and age of your loved one
- Where they are located
- The name and contact details of their doctor
- A death certificate – has one been issued or can we organise this for you, and
- You may wish to bring a photo of your loved one.
Even a funeral that follows the traditions of your family, religion or culture can have some or all of these special elements, and will make the service unique and memorable.
You can meet us at one of our funeral homes or we can meet you wherever you like. Call us on (02) 6295 2799 for assistance or e-mail us by clicking the button below: